Each of our sessions are digitally broadcast live and feature world-class speakers. Each presentation typically has 30-40 minutes set aside for instruction followed by another 15 minutes or so for Questions & Answers at the end.
About This Session
This session is all about eCommerce, and it’s coming from one of the most experienced persons in the space! Beka has many years of experience behind her running SkyVerge, Jilt, and SellWithWP, not to mention all of the other conference presentations and webinars that she’s delivered.
Throughout this presentation, you’re going to learn all of the bits you need to know both to get an eCommerce shop up and running as well as the important areas where you should focus attention to land sales and long-term growth for the business.
In particular, Beka will teach you about several aspects of how eCommerce itself works (not only the fundamentals, but things like catering to proper user experience, too). She will also teach you how to gather and leverage analytical data, create effective marketing plans, and which areas to focus on to deliver the most value both during and after launch.
Make some time for this session because it will give you a serious advantage to creating, selling, or operating ecommerce sites!
What you’ll learn in this session
- Skills for the job
- What do you need to know about WordPress and hosting for eCommerce sites
- What should you know about eCommerce: payments, order fulfillment, shipping
- What to know about front-end design and development
- Best UX practices for shopping
- Getting the site to launch
- Which questions to ask
- Site analytics: what do you want to use, what role will it play
- Creating effective marketing plans
- How customers, orders, and products are managed
- Launch & post-launch focuses
- Which areas deliver the most value at launch?
- Which areas deliver the most value after launch?
- Maintenance areas to identify + tools for this
- Site analytics and business intelligence
- Marketing & growth
- Integrations & automations to streamline processes
About Beka Rice
Beka Rice is the Head of Product at Jilt, where they focus on helping merchants increase revenue through automated lifecycle emails. Jilt’s goal is to level the playing field for eCommerce growth by taking enterprise-level tools and strategies, and making them available to any merchant. Jilt is built by SkyVerge, the top WooCommerce.com extension provider, and maker behind some of the most popular extensions, such as WooCommerce Memberships. When she’s not keyboard-punching, Beka enjoys hiking, reading, and playing music.