Each of our sessions are digitally broadcast live and feature world-class speakers. Each presentation typically has 30-40 minutes set aside for instruction followed by another 15 minutes or so for Questions & Answers at the end.
About This Session
Creating something out of nothing is one of the spookiest parts of web development. Ideas can be easy to come by, but difficult to turn into a tangible products. How do you know that your idea is worth the time, energy, and financial resources that you’re going to use simply to create it? And once it’s created, how does it turn a profit? Or should it be free?
Join us as we sit down with Bryce Adams, creator of Metorik, to discuss these questions and more. Bryce has spent the past seven months building a new for-profit service around a free, open source toolset. As you might imagine, that brings about many interesting and unique challenges.
Be a part of this hour long question and answer session where we discuss working through the doubt that comes with creating something new, what to ask yourself when getting started, and how to pick the tools that best meet your goals. Learn from his mistakes, take note of his successes, and maybe your idea will become the next innovative SaaS.
What You’ll Learn
- Why you would build a SaaS instead of a plugin.
- How to get started when it’s all brand new.
- How writing a SaaS can solve issues faced when building a sustainable product around WordPress.
- Recognizing and planning for security concerns involved with your SaaS.
- How to manage the doubt inherent to investing resources in an unproven idea.
- How to price your Saas and support the price with a solid reason.
- If you should provide a free option.
- If your SaaS would benefit from a Helper Plugin.
- How to choose the right tools or resources to build your Saas.
- How a SaaS can provide your business better protection than a plugin
- Why you might consider using vue.js over React.
- To plan for the unexpected particularly when building out an entirely new product/service.
- Plus, many other questions that YOU can ask Bryce yourself!
About Bryce Adams
Bryce Adams first started playing with WooCommerce several years ago and was immediately taken by it. In the years that followed, he worked directly for both WooCommerce and Automattic as a developer spending his days trying to make the most popular ecommerce software in the world even better.
Over time he identified one area in which thousands of stores struggle every day: ecommerce reporting and analytics. After making this discovery he flet both an obligation and strong desire to improve things for shop owners the world over.
Bryce launched Metorik in August 2017 in order to better understand and eliminate the struggles of shop analytics. You can get a first-hand account of his journey and a behind-the-scenes look at the service at https://metorik.com/behind.