Each of our sessions are digitally broadcast live and feature world-class speakers. Each presentation typically has 30-40 minutes set aside for instruction followed by another 15 minutes or so for Questions & Answers at the end.
About This Session
We’ve all experienced those difficult moments when a problem arises with our website which we can’t explain and have no idea how to solve. Websites are complicated. It happens. So how do we ultimately find solutions to these confusing problems? The answer is a process called “troubleshooting”. This process consists of a series of logical steps that all WordPress experts master. It makes it possible to resolve any issue in a simple, systematic fashion.
In this session we will look at examples of problems WordPressers may encounter from the basics to some fairly challenging issues. Then we will walk through the troubleshooting process for each problem in order to demonstrate how critical thinking, logical steps and some helpful resources make any problem temporary.
What You’ll Learn
- How to use a repeatable, easy-to-follow set of steps for defusing any issue
- How to break down any problem and trace it back to its possible causes
- The 5 key ingredients that may be the cause of any WordPress issue
- Troubleshooting tools to include in your toolbelt
- A series of go-to tests you can follow when troubleshooting a problem
- Walk through several real-world issues/scenarios
- Kyle’s go-to troubleshooting resources
- And more!
About Kyle Maurer
Kyle is the co-founder of a Jackson, Michigan based firm called Real Big Marketing which specializes in using WordPress to solve complicated problems for businesses. He is also the author of and a contributor to dozens of WordPress plugins, is the co-organizer of the Jackson WP meetup, is a co-organizer of WordCamp Ann Arbor, plays in a band and is an aspiring beer snob.